Hotel Nice
International
01 02 03 04 05
 
 
 
 
Our Tourism Packages
image

Hotel nice international wants to make sure that all its guests enjoy their stay at hotel to the fullest. And to this effect, Hotel nice international has prepared two tourism packages for its guests so that they can take  tours to a number of ancient sites and places of great historical importance and values.

 
Package-1
  • Putia/Rajbari (around 25 kilometer from hotel nice international)
  • Bagha Mosque (around 35 kilometer)
  • Hazrat Shah Makhdum Mazar/Shrine (1.5 kilometer)
  • Padma River Side (around 1 kilometer)
  • Varendra Museum (around 1.5 kilometer)
  • Sona Masjid/Mosque (around 95 kilometer)
 
 
Bagha mosque

The Bagha Mosque is located at Bagha, 25 miles southeast of Rajshahi in Bangladesh. The mosque was built of brick on the bank of a tank and is surrounded by a brick wall. It is fairly well preserved and is now protected. The mosque is known for its beautiful terracotta ornamentation. The natural surrounding of the Bagha Mosque, with thousands of migratory birds visiting the adjacent dighi (pond) can be another attraction for tourists. There is the shrine of Auliah Hazrat Danishmand and his disciples at Bagha Mosque complex. Built during the Husain Shahi period by Sultan Nusrat Shah in 1523 A.D in the district of Rajshahi, this mosque has an oblong prayer chamber measuring 76' x 42', which was originally spanned by ten small, inverted-cup shaped domes. The domes were recently repaired and restored. Four corner turrets with copulas extend beyond the gently sloped cornice. The eastern faade has five arched entrances each bordered by a rectangular frame. Stone pillars divide the prayer hall into two aisles and five bays. And there seems to have been a women's gallery in the northwestern corner of the mosque. The monument boasts some of the most impressive examples of terracotta wall carvings and relief in rich floriated patterns, combined with grapes and rosettes.

Puthiya

Puthia has the largest number of historically important Hindu structures in Bangladesh. The most amazing of the village’s monuments is the Govinda Temple, which was erected between 1823 and 1895 by one of the maharanis of the Puthia estate. It’s a large square structure crowned by a set of miniature ornamental towers. It’s covered by incredibly intricate designs in terracotta depicting scenes from Hindu epics, which give it the appearance of having been draped by a huge red oriental carpet. The ornate Siva Temple is an imposing and excellent example of the five-spire Hindu style of temple architecture common in northern India. The ornate temple has three tapering tiers topped by four spires. It’s decorated with stone carvings and sculptural works, which unfortunately were disfigured during the War of Liberation. The village’s 16-century Jagannath Temple is one of the finest examples of a hut-shaped temple: measuring only 5m (16ft) on each side, it features a single tapering tower, which rises to a height of 10m (33ft). Its western facade is adorned with terracotta panels of geometric design.

Puthia is 23km (14mi) east of Rajshahi and 16km (10mi) west of Natore.

Shah Mokhdum mazar/shrine

A Majar or Dorga (Shrine) is established around the grave of Hazrat Shah Mokhdum Ruposh (Rh.) at Dargahpara in Rajshahi city. It is said that Hazrat Shah Mokhdum Ruposh (Rh.) was the first Islam preacher in the Rajshahi region. It is also said that he came to Rajshahi through the river Padma riding on a crocodile. Even now, some crocodiles are reserved in the Dighi (Large Pond) next to the shrine of Hazrat Shah Mokhdum (Rh.). Shah Makhdum preached Islam for about a quarter century and died on 27th Rajab 713 AH (1313 AD). His mazar is at Dargapara, adjacent to the Rajshahi Government College. A small one domed square tomb was constructed over his grave in 1054 AH (1635 AD) by some Ali Quli Beg. The inscription fixed above the door of the tomb records the name of the saint as Saiyid Sanad Shah Darwish.

Sona masjid/mosque

One of the most graceful monuments of the Sultanate period is the Chhota Sona Masjid or Small Golden Mosque at Gaur in Rajshahi. Built by one Wali Muhammad during the reign of Sultan Alauddin Husain Shah (1493-1519), it was originally roofed over with 15 gilded domes including the 3 Chauchala domes in the middle row, from which it derives its curious name. There are five entrance arches on the façade of the mosque; each one is surrounded by carved black basalt panels decorated with inscriptions, rosettes and vegetal motifs.

Varedra Research Museum

Varendra Museum is a museum, research center and popular visitor attraction located at the heart of Rajshahi town and maintained by Rajshahi University in Bangladesh. Varendra Museum was the first museum to be established in erstwhile East Bengal in 1910. The museum started out as the collection for Varendra Anushandhan Samiti or Varendra Investigation Society and got its current name in 1919. The Zamindars (ruling landlords) of Rajshahi and Natore, notably Kumar Sharat Kumar Ray, donated their personal collections to Varendra Museum. Varendra refers to an ancient janapada (a band of population) roughly corresponding to modern northern Bangladesh. Situated at Rajshahi, this museum has a rich collection of objects of Mohenjodaro and also of 16th to 19th century A.D. This is devoted to the study of ancient history and culture. Its rich collections contain interesting objects of past Hindu, Buddhist and Muslim heritage. It is located at the heart of Rajshahi town and maintained by Rajshahi University authority. The year of its formal establishment is 1910 A.D. Admission is free.